Holy $h*t! BURRRRRRR!!!
If you’re on the East Coast and reading this, than you know what I’m talking about. It’s freezing out there today! I woke up this morning, looked at my phone and saw it was -1, with a wind chill of -20. My first thought: WTF? All I wanted to do was wrap myself in my big down comforter and go back to bed. No luck. Must get up, go to work and brave these artic conditions. The one thing that is keeping me going today is the thought of coming home to my newest belly warming creation: the Bourbon Pear Martini
Trust me, on a day like today, this will get you warm and toasty in about 2 sips!
- 3 oz Bourbon (or Rye if you prefer)
- 2 oz pear juice or nectar
- Tablespoon honey
- Tablespoon lemon juice
- Thyme garnish
- Add three ounces of bourbon to a cocktail shaker without ice.
- Add a tablespoon of honey and stir until dissolved.
- Add ice, pear and lemon juices then shake vigorously until chilled.
- Pour into martini or coup glass and garnish with a sprig of thyme.
Take a sip and feel the winter doldrums drift away.